- Quivilan EP and associates. Importance of both folic acid and B12 in reduction of risk in vascular disease. Lancet 2002;359:227-8.
- Ubbink JB and associates. Vitamin requirements for the treatment of hyperhomocystemia in humans. Journal of Nutrition 1994;124:1927-33.
- Ubbink JB and associates. Hyperhomocystemia and the response to vitamin supplementation Clinical Investigations 1993 Dec;71(12):993-8.
- Garcia-Morales, MA, and associates. Peri-conception use of folic acid in the prevention of neural tube defect:current concepts. Ginecology and Obstetrics of Mexico 1996 Sep;64:418-421
- Bischoff-Ferrari H and associates. Fracture prevention
with vitamin D supplementation: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled
trials. Journal of the American Medical Association 2005 May
- Need AG, et al., Intestinal calcium absorption in men with spinal osteoporosis. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 1998 Feb;48(2):163-8.
- Armas LA, Hollis BW, Heaney RP. Vitmain D2 is much less
effective than vitamin D3 in humans. Journal of Endocrinology and
Metabolism 2004 Nov;89(11):5387-91.
- Jialal I, and associates. The effect of alpha-tocopherol
supplementation of LDL oxidation. A dose-response study. Journal of
Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 1995 Feb;15(2):190 198
- Fuller CJ and Associates. Effects of increasing doses of
alpha tocopherol in providing protection of low-density lipoprotein
from oxidation. American Journal of Cardiology 1998 Jan 15;81(2):232-3
- Morton DJ and associates. Vitamin C supplement use and
bone mineral density in postmenopausal women. Journal of Bone Mineral
Research (US), Jan 2001;16(1):135-40.
- Brush MG, and associates. Pyridoxine in the treatment of premenstrual
syndrome: a retrospective survey in 630 patients. British Journal of Clinical Practice 1988;142(11):448-456.)
- Storm D and associates. Calcium supplementation prevents
seasonal bone loss and changes in biochemical markers of bone turnover
in elderly New England women: a randomized placebo controlled trial.
Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 1998;83(11):3817-25.
- Heaney RP. Calcium needs of the elderly to reduce
fracture risk. Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2001 Apr 20
- Koo WW and associates. Maternal calcium supplementation and fetal bone mineralization Obstetrics and Gynecology 1999 Oct; 94(4) : 577-582.
- Sheikh MS and associates. Gastrointestinal absorption of calcium from milk and
calcium salts. New England Journal of Medicine 1987 Aug 27;317(9);532-6.
- Heaney, RP et al. Meal effects on calcium absorption. Am J Cln Nutr, 1989 Feb;49(2):372-376.
Go to Home Page
Go to Men's Health
Go to Women's Health
Kid's Health Family Multi-Vitamins Heart Health Bone n' Joint Health Healthy Aging Herbs & Natural Remedies Pain & Inflammation Center Diet & Energy Sports Nutrition Product Reviews Super Foods Detox & Digestion Immunity & Vitamin C Sleep & Stress
FDA REGULATIONS REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT: "The above statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."
FAIRFIELD TOWNSHIP, OHIO: 3316 Princeton Rd, Fairfield Township, OH 45011, 513-737-4053 -- WEST CHESTER, OHIO: 7740 Dudley Dr, West Chester, OH 45069